The summer countdown has begun and that can only mean one thing: festivals! With Glastonbury taking a year off, we’re all looking for alternatives, and one of the biggest this year has to be the Isle of Wight Festival (21-24 July) with a capacity of around 60,000 attendees. We all know when there’s that many people crammed into one place, there’s the potential to lose more than just your personal space…
Every year, some 30 million* music lovers trek to our nation’s greatest music festivals and when you’re only allowed an A4 sized bag, your essentials are your lifeline and you cannot afford to lose them. Thousands of personal items are lost at festivals each year – so it’s sensible to attach a smart tracker to your bag as a precaution.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 items you need to have with you:
- Water. We cannot emphasise this enough! You’ll be dancing. You’ll be singing. And yes, you’ll be drinking other liquids too. Just remember your body is over 70% H2O and need a top up.
- Smartphone. You know you should probably take an old flip phone with you to these things, their batteries last weeks, but…your Instagram feed isn’t going to update itself, right? Plus, they don’t have Google Maps.
- Bin Bag. Sounds crazy but when you need to sit and there’s mud everywhere or you want to keep yesterday’s wet clothes somewhere… you’ll thank us.
- Wellies. What’s a festival without them? You know there’s always a strong chance of rain and muddy grass or someone stepping on your feet.
- GPS Tracking device. Curve, the smart GPS tracker is as light as a house key, with a keyring accessory to attach to almost anything. It’s got a built-in Smart SIM, too which unlike Bluetooth-only trackers means it can keep in touch with your phone from the next field.
Summer festivals are all about the fun and the memories. Make sure yours is one to remember for the right reasons!
*consultancy.uk, ‘Top 10 largest music festivals in the UK’, https://www.consultancy.uk/news/13576/top-10-largest-music-festivals-in-the-uk