Spain has quickly become one of the best summer destinations for its beautiful landscape, delicious tapas and unrivalled festivals. And a road trip to Benicassim Festival (19th – 22nd July) – one of the best European music events – will certainly be a scenic trip.
It’s always best to do your research and prepare yourself for any changes in driving laws when planning a road trip abroad. And equipping yourself with a car tracking device will also make your life that little easier. Here are our top five tips to make navigating your Spanish adventure as straightforward as possible:
- Be aware of international driving laws. Make sure to familiarise yourself with local driving rules before you go, as the speed limit and road signs will most likely be different to what you’re used to. It’s also super important to have all the necessary documents with you in case you get stopped:
- Your driving licence
- A copy of your DVLA driver record and a licence check code if needed
- Your car’s registration document (V5c)
- Proof of motor insurance
- Your passport and travel insurance documents – and remember to let your insurer know that you’re travelling overseas
- Plan your route. As the saying goes, failing to plan is planning to fail! Be sure to follow a tracked route that can allow for scenic rest stops, as well as finishing each day of travel in an area with available accommodation. It’s not always about getting there in the quickest possible time!
- Be sure to insure. Double check your insurance policy to confirm your car and journey is fully covered with no hidden surprises.
- Breakdown equipment. Many European countries require you have a fluorescent vest and warning triangle in your car boot in case of breakdown and roadside assistance.
- GPS tracker. No road trip, near or far, is complete without it! V-Auto by Vodafone* car tracker will keep an eye on how safe you’re driving, giving you a driver score for each journey. The device also has the capacity to contact emergency services and a family member if it detects you’ve been in a severe collision. The device has a GPS car tracker that connects straight to the Vodafone network via a V-Sim by Vodafone, which is compatible with most cars made after 2003. Click here to see if your car is eligible.*
*V-Auto by Vodafone car tracking device connects straight to the Vodafone network via a V-Sim by Vodafone and is activated and accessible via a smartphone app (available on both iOS and Android and, for both Vodafone and non-Vodafone customers). It is compatible with most cars made after 2003 – please click here to see if your car is eligible.
A one-time purchase fee of £85 applies and the subscription is just £4/month. Terms apply. For full functionality: a 30-day V-SIM plan, Vodafone network coverage and GPS signal are required. Auto SOS only works in your home country and not when you’re abroad. View the full terms and details at https://shop.v.vodafone.com.